Mobile Platform Requirements
Users can run Salesforce on mobile devices that meet these mobile platform requirements.
Operating System and Version Requirements
Mobile Browser Requirements*
|Android 5.0 or later||Google Chrome on Android|
|iOS 11.3 or later||Apple Safari on iOS|
* The latest mobile browser version is required. Mobile browser requirements apply to Salesforce mobile web only.
To allow for innovation and to keep Salesforce current in the rapidly evolving mobile market, minimum platform requirements are subject to change at the sole discretion of Salesforce, with or without advance notice.
Mobile Devices Used for Salesforce Testing
Salesforce performs automated and manual testing of the Salesforce for iOS and Android and Salesforce mobile web on a select set of mobile devices. For the Summer ’18 release, this is the list of devices used for testing.
Customers aren’t blocked from using Salesforce on untested devices that meet current platform requirements. Salesforce may not be able to replicate some issues for customers using Salesforce on untested devices on due to manufacturer-specific customizations.
To allow for innovation and to keep Salesforce current in the rapidly evolving mobile market, the list of Salesforce-tested devices is subject to change at the sole discretion of Salesforce, with or without advance notice.
Customers whose devices meet current minimum platform requirements are eligible to receive Salesforce feature updates and fixes.
Our goal is to release Salesforce mobile feature and functionality updates to coincide with each Salesforce major release. This information is provided to help with your release planning, but is subject to change at Salesforce’s discretion.
- Salesforce Mobile Web
- Enhanced features and functionality are automatically available with each Salesforce major release.
- Salesforce for Android and iOS
- Enhanced features and functionality are provided in major version updates. We aim to release a new major version of Salesforce for Android and Salesforce for iOS after the completion of each Salesforce major release to all production instances. The timeframe in which a new major version is released varies and can be impacted by factors outside of Saleforce’s control, including new requirements from Apple or Google or changes to the iOS or Android operating systems.
- Customers can install new major and bug fix versions from the App Store and Google Play as long as their mobile devices meet Salesforce’s current minimum mobile operating system requirements. If a device is running an older operating system, updated versions of Salesforce don’t appear in the app stores.
Customer Support Services for Salesforce
Salesforce Customer Support uses commercially reasonable efforts to troubleshoot issues with Salesforce, provided:
- A user’s device meets current minimum platform requirements
- Salesforce for Android and iOS users have the most recent version installed
When customers run Salesforce on Salesforce-tested devices, it’s more efficient for us to troubleshoot issues. For customers using untested devices, even those meeting minimum platform requirements, we might not be able to replicate some issues due to device manufacturer–specific customizations.
Running Salesforce on older devices or devices with low computation and memory capabilities can adversely impact performance, as compared to performance on Salesforce-tested devices.
Because we enhance functionality with every release, customers should install the latest update of the Salesforce app available in Google Play or the App Store. We can only support the latest version.