Enable Manual Account Sharing in Enterprise Territory Management (Previously Released Critical Update)
Where: This update applies to Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Performance and Developer editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited editions with the Sales Cloud.
When: You can activate this update in Spring ’19 or Summer ’19. We’ll auto-activate this update on October 30, 2019.
- The TerritoryManual reason code was written to AccountShare records when you manually assigned an account to a territory.
- Manually sharing an account with territory groups wasn’t available.
- The Territory2AssociationManual reason code replaces all instances of TerritoryManual.
- The Territory2AssociationManual reason code is written to AccountShare records when you manually assign an account to a territory.
- Manually sharing an account with territory groups is available.
How: We recommend that you test this update in a sandbox or Developer Edition org before activating the update in production. To activate the update, go to Critical Updates in Setup, and then click Activate next to Enable Manual Account Sharing in Enterprise Territory Management. You can’t deactivate the update after it’s activated.
If you have Apex code or integrations that work directly with the AccountShare object, make sure that you update all instances of the TerritoryManual reason code to Territory2AssociationManual.